Following the government announcement on Sunday 12th December regarding the need to rapidly accelerate the COVID-19 booster campaign, we wanted to let you know about how this will be affecting our services between now and the end of the month.
As you will have heard from the recent media coverage, our staff, along with those of all GP practices across the country, will be focusing much of our attention to supporting the vaccination effort.
However, we are still there to support you. If you feel unwell or have any symptoms that concern you, please contact us.
About vaccination appointments:
- Thank you for your interest in your vaccination.
- Vaccination services are working extremely hard to roll out the booster programme and to make as many appointments available as possible.
- After the announcement by the Prime Minister on 12th December, the National Booking Service is very busy but please keep checking; more appointments will be added from Wednesday 15 December.
- You may also be contacted by your local service over the next few days.
- You must be 2 months from the date of your second vaccination to arrange your booster – and you will be able to have it when you are three months from your second vaccination.
- The best step if you are at 2 months from the date of your second vaccination is to go on the National Booking System website – or call 119 – and there you will be able to see all the available appointments.
- Additional appointments are being added daily, please be patient and try again if you are unable to find an appointment to suit you.
- All of the vaccination services are working at pace to increase the number of appointments they can offer.
About GP appointments:
- Unless you hear from us, your appointment will continue as planned.
- If we need to change anything we will make direct contact with you.
- We understand that NHS England will be issuing further guidance shortly and we will be having further discussions about what may need to happen to support the vaccination programme, but at this current time there is no change to your planned appointment.
- Despite this, if you have a request which is not urgent, please can we ask you to hold off from contacting us until the New Year.
- We would urge patients who feel they need urgent support from the practice to continue to contact us.